- OUR SERVICE TO YOU
Our Sales Consultants, Construction Staff and Customer Care team work closely together to achieve one goal - that you are entirely happy with your new GMV home and that it is delivered in accordance with our Customer Charter.
For complete peace of mind, our team of people are specifically trained and available to deal with customer service issues. You will also have a Home Demonstration prior to completion and everything will be explained to you at that time.
Upon moving in, should you encounter any problems that are causing you concern with your new home, our Customer Care teams are available during office hours.
For the first two of the ten years of your New Home Warranty, our Customer Care team will be on hand to assist you with any issues that you may have with your new home and a 24 hour emergency number for heating, plumbing and electrical problems will be available.
- CUSTOMER CHARTER
Greenwich Millennium Village Ltd is committed to providing you, our customers, with quality homes. The GMV team is working to achieve one common goal; to ensure that you are satisfied and happy with your new GMV home, from the moment that you make your reservation, to the day you move in and beyond.
No matter who you are dealing with, or what queries, questions or complaints you may have, you can be confident that our people and procedures will adhere to the terms of our Charter and the 'Consumer Code for Home Builders'.
Copies of the 'Consumer Code for Home Builders' are available from the sales offices and via this website, a copy (also identifying where further guidance can be found) will always be provided to you upon reservation.
- We will be approachable in all our dealings with you, by being polite, clear and straightforward in response to every contact with you. If we are not able to give you an immediate answer to a query, we pledge to respond to you within one working day. All of our customer facing staff will be trained to understand their responsibilities in all of their dealings with you, in accordance with our Charter and the Consumer Code for Home Builders.
- Our marketing and advertising will be clear and truthful. As part of the process of buying a GMV home, you will receive comprehensive information explaining the purchase process and the ways in which you can get the most out of living in your chosen home.
- We will be on hand to assist you throughout the process of buying your GMV home.
- Our contract of sale terms & conditions will be clear and fair, with cancellation rights explained.
- We will provide you with an anticipated completion date, in order for you to plan your moving arrangements.
- We will ask you to attend a Home Demonstration with us, before Legal Completion, to demonstrate the fixtures and fittings within your new GMV home.
- Your new GMV home will be cleaned, ready for the day you move in.
- We will welcome you into your new GMV home on the day of Legal Completion.
- We will contact you within 14 days of moving in to your new GMV home, to check you are settling in and to answer any queries.
- We will give you reliable information about NHBC’s Buildmark cover and/or any other relevant guarantees and warranties. A dedicated member of the Customer Service Department will deal with any queries or problems should they arise, in accordance with the NHBC 2-Year Initial Guarantee Period.
- We will provide 24-Hour Emergency Cover for heating, plumbing and electrical problems, for the duration of the NHBC 2-Year Initial Guarantee Period. This includes your heating and hot water provision, (however this may be subject to compliance with annual servicing requirements as detailed in the Homeowner's Pack and the relevant manufacturers’ warranties). All supplied appliances will be covered under their respective manufacturer warranties.
- We will endeavour to keep the area around your new home as clean and tidy as possible, as well as the remainder of the development. We will provide health & safety advice to help reduce the potential risk of danger to you and your family, whilst building works are in progress.
Our Customer Charter commitments do not affect your statutory rights.
- NEW HOME WARRANTY
When you purchase a new home from GMV, you can be confident that it has been constructed to our high standards. As a result it comes complete with a 10 year NHBC (National Housebuilding Council).
- THE CONSUMER CODE
The Consumer Code for Home Builders applies to home buyers who, after 1st April 2010, reserve to buy a new or newly converted home built by a home builder under the insurance protection of one of the supporting Home Warranty Bodies.
The Code consists of a set of key principles that home builders (who are registered with a supporting Home Warranty Body e.g. such as the NHBC) must adopt in support of the interests of new home buyers.
In essence the purpose of the Code is to ensure Home Buyers:
- will be treated fairly
- understand the service levels to be expected
- are provided with reliable information to help make their decisions
- if dissatisfied, understand how to access speedy, low-cost dispute-resolution arrangements
Greenwich Millennium Village supports the code and encourages you to visit the Consumer Code for Home Builders website, where you will find further detailed information regarding the Code.
These particulars should be treated as general guidance only and should not be relied upon as statements or representrations of fact. We operate a policy of continual product development and individual features may vary. We recommend intending purchasers satisfying themselves, by personal inspection or otherwise, as to correctness of these particulars.
GMV LTD reserves the right to amend specifications as necessary.